You’re just a few words away from a cleaner home! Use your voice to start, stop, schedule cleaning, and more with Alexa. All connected Roomba® and Braava jet® robots are compatible with Alexa, giving you hands-free control for vacuuming and mopping. Simply tell your robot to clean – and consider it done.
Can you make Roomba go home?
Look for the “Home” button along the top of your device—this is a small, circular button to the left of the larger “Clean” button. Press this button once to send your Roomba back to its Home Base. Tell your Roomba to go home through the iRobot HOME app.
How do I tell Alexa to ship Roomba?
How to Set Up and Use the Roomba Alexa Skill
- “Alexa, ask Roomba to start/stop cleaning.” This will begin or end a cleaning job whenever you want. …
- “Alexa, ask Roomba to go home.” This will send your Roomba back to its home station to charge.
How do I tell my iRobot to go home?
How to Send Roomba Home to Dock
- Verify that the home base is plugged in. If it’s not, your Roomba will be unable to locate it to dock. …
- Pick the Roomba up and set it down within five feet of the home base.
- Press the “Spot” and “Clean” buttons simultaneously. The Roomba will now drive into the home base to dock.
Can I speak to my Roomba?
Just like any other Google Assistant compatible device, you can talk to Roomba robots in natural language and make them do things such as start cleaning or return to the dock to recharge.
Why does my Roomba not go home?
If your Roomba is having trouble finding its way home or other rooms, there might be something preventing a clear path to the dock or said room. Another common reason why this happens is that someone moved the Roomba as it was cleaning, which throws off where it thinks the dock or room is.
How does Roomba know to dock?
When the battery power gets low, the vacuum starts looking for the infrared signal emitted by the charger. Once it finds it, Roomba follows the signal and docks itself to the charger. … When it picks up a signal from a virtual wall, it knows to turn around and head the other way.
Is Alexa required for Roomba?
Yes it will work without Alexa. Although the Roomba is Wi-Fi compatible and you can access most features using the iRobot Home App and also alexa, they are just options.
Which Roomba is compatible with Alexa?
iRobot announced today that an Amazon Alexa skill will be available for Roomba 900 Series vacuum owners in the US starting sometime in quarter 2. That means yelling “Alexa, ask Roomba to begin cleaning” will be enough to get your vacuum robot going.
Does Roomba e6 work with Alexa?
iRobot Roomba e6 (6134) Wi-Fi Connected Robot Vacuum – Wi-Fi Connected, Works with Alexa, Ideal for Pet Hair, Carpets, Hard, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum.
Where is the best place to put my Roomba dock?
- At least >1.5 ft (0.5 m>) on each side of the Home Base®.
- At least >4 ft (1.2 m>) in front of the Home Base®, with no furniture such as tables or chairs within this area.
- At least >4 ft (1.2 m>) between the Home Base® and any stairs.
- At least >8 ft (2.4 m>) from Virtual Wall® barriers.
How long does it take Roomba to find home base?
Depending on the size of the room you Roomba should run for sometime between about 40 minutes and an hour. It will judge the room size when it starts cleaning, by circling in outward spirals.
How do I get Roomba to map my house?
Creating a Map
- Press the Maps icon on the right of the iRobot® HOME app screen.
- Click Activate Smart Maps.
- Click Yes when prompted.
Can I rename my Roomba?
Can I rename my Roomba’s name? Yes, you’ll always be able to rename your Roomba, follow these quick steps to show you how: Make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roomba. Go to the home screen of your iRobot/Roomba app.
Does my Roomba have smart map?
Answer: When purchasing the Roomba i6+ the robot will come with the Digital Smart Mapping included. This is added to your robot by process of connecting to the iRobot Home App.