Why does my Litter-Robot keep getting stuck?
Check for stuck litter, especially if you recently cleaned your unit (leftover moisture may have interacted with the litter). If you see debris or suspect there is litter caked behind the screen, you will need to clean the Globe (the screen should not be bent outward to clean behind).
Why does my Litter-Robot keep stopping during cycle?
Have you ever found your Litter-Robot stopped in mid rotation and possibly with the red light blinking? This could be a sign that your cat sensor needs adjustment. … This problem can be easily fixed by simply adjusting the Cat Sensor.
How do you force a Litter-Robot to cycle?
Make sure the unit is in a cool, dry location. If you wouldn’t put your computer there, don’t put your Litter-Robot there!
Plug the unit back in, allow it to complete the start-up cycle, and follow the steps below.
- Hold the Cycle button for 5 seconds. …
- Hold the Cycle button for 5 seconds.
Where is the Litter Robot Sensor?
The Litter-Robot is equipped with infrared emitters and sensors located above the Waste Drawer that check if the drawer is full each time the Globe returns to the Home position.
What does over torque fault mean?
The “over torque fault” means that the there could be a motor obstruction, too much weight in the globe, or the unit is cycling 360 degrees. The most likely scenario is that there’s too much weight in the globe. Make sure the litter level is at, or just below, the raised fill line.
How long is Litter-Robot warranty?
The Litter-Robot is backed by an 18-Month Full Warranty and you have the option to extend it for another 18 months for three years of coverage. During the warranty period, AutoPets will repair your Litter-Robot (and even cover shipping costs within the continental United States).
How do I get the Litter-Robot back online?
- Open the app and delete the current unit, even if it is offline. …
- Force close (swipe away) the Litter-Robot app.
- Unplug the Litter-Robot from the back of the unit for at least 1 minute.
- Plug the unit back in and allow to cycle fully.
- Once the unit has reached a solid blue light ready status, open the app.
How do you clean the sensor on Litter-Robot?
We recommend cleaning the unit as needed. Simply wiping it down with a damp paper towel will keep your unit looking new and clean. Using a mild detergent is recommended. Do not use bleach on the units, as this can cause the plastic to degrade.
Why is the blue light flashing on my litter-robot?
When the pile is sufficient to interrupt the infra red laser emitted from the left sensor, the Litter-Robot alerts that the drawer is full and needs emptying by completing the cycle with a flashing blue light.
How do you reset the Litter-Robot app?
Please follow the steps below.
- Open your app.
- Go to “Remote” and click “Delete my Litter-Robot.”
- Completely close the Litter-Robot app.
- Reset your Litter-Robot by unplugging it from the base while the unit is powered on.
- Wait 15 seconds, plug it back in, and allow it to cycle until the blue “Ready” status lights up.
Why does my litter robot say timing?
The Wait Time is the elapsed time starting from when your cat exits the Globe until the unit starts a Clean cycle. It can be set for 3, 7, or 15 minutes. The default Wait Time setting is 7 minutes.