Make sure that your mobile phone and the Roomba are connected to the same wireless network. Use another device to test the internet connection and confirm that it is working. Ensure that the Roomba and the Home Base docking station are situated close to the wireless router for maximum signal reach.
Why wont my Roomba connect to the app?
If your robot cannot be found in the network, reboot the robot and router, force close the iRobot HOME App, and retry the Wi-Fi setup process. If the problem persists, check your Wi-Fi settings on your router to confirm they are compatible with the Wi-Fi setup process.
How do I reset my Roomba app?
Factory reset through the iRobot® HOME App (recommended)
- Open the iRobot® HOME App and ensure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Wi-Fi connected Roomba®.
- Press Settings ➔ Remove/Factory Reset (robot name).
How do I reconnect my Roomba app?
Connecting Roomba® to the iRobot® HOME App
- Step 1 – Complete Setup Checklist. Confirm you are ready to start: …
- Step 2 – Verify Bluetooth is Turned ON. …
- Step 3 – Home Base® Charging Station Placement. …
- Step 4 – Name Your Robot. …
- Step 5 – Connect Roomba® to Your Wi-Fi. …
- Step 6 – Activate Roomba®
Why does my Roomba not connect to cloud?
If you are receiving a message that Roomba® does not have a cloud connection, please try the following steps to reconnect: Confirm your robot is on its charging station or evac dock and that it is properly charging. … If they have, you’ll need to update your Wi-Fi information though the app in Robot Settings.
How do I connect my Roomba to my Iphone?
How to set up a Wi-Fi Connected Roomba?
- Step 1: Download the iRobot® HOME App. The iRobot® HOME App allows you to use your iOS or Android smart device to help you have the best possible experience with Roomba®. …
- Step 2: Activate Roomba® Wi-Fi Signal. …
- Step 3: Start Cleaning Cycle.
Why is my Roomba flashing orange?
The flashing orange light means it senses that the battery has been discharged and when docked it is recharging. Do not interrupt the cycle of charging the orange blinking light will cease and the unit should operate normally once charging is complete.
How do I uninstall Roomba app?
Conversation. Great question, to remove a robot from the app simply navigate in the app to Settings ➔ Remove “Robot Name”. We can also help keep your robot working.
Flashing red indicates a problem with battery charging. Either the charger is bad, or the charging circuit in your Roomba is bad.
How do I use Roomba home without app?
Press the dock button on your Roomba.
Look for the “Home” button along the top of your device—this is a small, circular button to the left of the larger “Clean” button. Press this button once to send your Roomba back to its Home Base.